Grant aid is provided by the Forest Service for the construction of harvesting roads.
This grant aid is structured as follows:
- Up to 20 linear meters of forest road per hectare of Forest
- Maximum grant rate is €40 per linear metre of road constructed.
- Timber must be ready for harvesting within 3 years
- Issues regarding access and rights of way should be identified and resolved
We at Deel Forestry will obtain approval from the Forest Service before road construction commences.
- Submitting the relevant application form signed by the applicant, we will provide a forester and a surveyor or engineer if necessary
- A roads map outlining the area to be served and the length and position of the proposed road.
- A location map
- Identify and resolve any issues relating to plantation access and rights of way
- Proposed new entrances would be discussed with the County Council local engineer and written approval received.