For further details on Forestry Grants 069-64901 or Email us email@example.com
- Details of the New Forestry Programme 2014-2020 can be found here:
- To increase the area under forest in Ireland to contribute towards climate change mitigation;
- To produce a commercial crop of timber;
- To provide a sustainable source of wood biomass for energy purposes;
- To provide a sustainable basis for development of the rural economy;
- To increase the area of purpose-designed recreational and amenity forests;
- To improve water quality through riparian planting;
To increase overall biodiversity by providing woodland habitat which is under-represented in the complex of habitat types
All Applicants must:
- Be over 18 years of age and
- Hold a Personal Public Service Number.
- Must Own or Lease the land
Woodland Improvement Scheme
Thinning and Tending
The aim of the scheme is to stimulate the improvement, protection and development of woodlands and forests for a range of functions, including:
- healthy tree growth
- landscape enhancement
- soil protection and water protection.
These are facilitated by:
- Improvement Felling of malformed and over mature trees
- Felling of additional trees to release potential crop. (PCT)
- Pruning to improve stem quality
- Thinning or re-spacing to promote growth
- Management and re-spacing of natural regeneration.
Grant Rate: The maximum grant will be €750 per hectare with a cap of €20,000 per application.
Native Woodland Scheme – Establishment
The objectives of the Scheme include:
- To restore forests damaged by natural causes,
- To restore and prevent damage to forests caused by deer, squirrel and vole.
- To contribute to maintaining or restoring forest ecosystems and biodiversity.
To contribute to maintaining or restoring the traditional landscape
New Forestry Programme 2014 – 2020
Afforestation Premium Rates (same rates for farmer and non farmer)
|GPC||New Rate||Duration (years)|
|1 – Unenclosed||€185||15|
|2 – Sitka spruce/lodgepole pine||€440||15|
|3 – 10% Diverse||€510||15|
|4 – Diverse||€560||15|
|5 – Broadleaf||€575||15|
|6 – Oak / Beech||€615||15|
|7 – Beech||€615||15|
|8 – Alder||€575||15|
|9- Native Woodland Establishment (Scenarios 1-3)*||€635||15|
|10- Native Woodland establishment (Scenario 4)*||€635||15|
|11 – Agro-forestry*||€260||5|
|12 – Forestry for Fibre*||€180||10|
Grant rates (5% increase on fixed rate grant)
|GPC||1st Grant€/ha||2nd Grant€/ha||Total€/ha||Additional Fencing Allocation€/ha IS436||Alternative Fencing Allocation €/haNon IS436||TotalAvailable
|1 – Unenclosed||1575||525||2100||500||350||2600|
|2 – Sitka spruce / LP||2310||735||3045||500||350||3545|
|3 – 10% Diverse Conifer||2360||790||3150||500||350||3650|
|4 – Diverse Conifer||2625||840||3465||500||350||3965|
|5 – Broadleaf||3780||1155||4935||500||450||5435|
|6 – Oak / Beech||3990||1260||5250||500||450||5750|
|7 – Beech||3990||1260||5250||500||450||5750|
|8 – Alder||2520||840||3360||500||450||3860|
|9- Native Woodland Establishment (Scenarios 1-4)||3990||1260||5250||500||450||5750|
|10- Native Woodland establishment (Scenario 4)||3780||1155||4935||500||450||5435|
|11 – Agro-forestry||2960||990||3950||500||450||4450|
|12a – Forestry for Fibre||1460||490||1950||500||450||2450|
|12b – Forestry for Fibre (Aspen, 1400)||1245||420||1665||500||450||2165|
The grant rate for roads has increase by €5 to €40/m. The criteria for calculating the eligible area served by the proposed forest road has changed. Where 50% or greater of the area is due for harvesting in the next 3 years the entire area can now be deemed eligible. For co operative road building (joint applications) this can extend to 5 years.
In cases where the proposed forest road bell mouth is at least 2m below the surface of the existing public road an additional 30m will be allowed per forest entrance to contribute towards the cost of additional stone required. This means that bell mouths in this situation can include an additional 60 metres of road length for grant purposes.
A special construction works (SCW) grant is being introduced for 50% of the cost of the SCW up to a maximum of €5,000 per application whichever is the smaller. This provision is primarily aimed at facilitating the construction of forest roads in environmentally sensitive sites to limit any potential adverse impacts from harvesting activities.
Forest road developments which connect to an existing forest road network in a public, state owned or private forest, will be supported. In these situations that proportion of forest road constructed outside of the applicants land will be grant aided.